Friday, July 15, 2011

FACE of a Reader & Test Talk

Last year I did my version of the CAFE, it was called FACE of a Reader

With my transition to 3rd grade and standardized testing I am reading a book called Test Talk that incorporates testing taking strategies into reading workshop. I am pleased to find out that this book was written by two Virginia Teachers!

I'm thinkin of continuing to do my FACE of a Reader board but I was thinking about changing Extending Vocabulary to Expanding Test Taking Strategies. And list the strategies that I'm reading about under this section.

That means I needed to make some slight changes to my FACE posters.
FACE Menu Headers 3rd
How do you display test taking strategies in your classroom?

9 comments:

  1. I like your Menu Headers a lot! On the Expand Test Taking Strategies one, the sub-title needs to be fixed. It doesn't make sense the way it is! Sorry to be picky-just want to point it out before you print it and post it in your room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just curious what kinds of test taking strategies they are referencing? i will have to check out the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off topic...But I like your new blog design. So cute.

    Denise
    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jessica! I just wanted to thank you for sharing your materials on the teacher link of the classroom site (so many prepositions!)! I'm going to post it on my blog :-)

    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Chrissy posting about you on her blog...I found your blog!!! Love it! Am now a follower:) Come say hi!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of FACE of a Reader. Seems more personal, thanks for sharing!!!

    ♥Rebecca
    Create●Teach●Share
    Create●Share●Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  7. What kind of activities do you do with the face of a reader?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't do activities per se, as I teach those strategies and skills, I add them to the board. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about FACES of reading: and have S as skill building - this could be for math problem solving questions or test taking strategies? I may try that with my grade 5's this year as I still like the extending vocabulary for the older grades.

    ReplyDelete