Thursday, December 29, 2011

Happy New Year

 I saw this linky party over at "A Teacher's Treasure, I decided to join!  It is my first attempt at joining a linky party, so here it goes:
I've learned in church that we should have "SMART" goals....Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. Looking back at my goals from last year, I see I didn't accomplish not one... but I enter into this year with a renewed strength and passion that 2012 may be the year I accomplish the goal I set for myself as a young child... to become a wife! With that being said, here are my resolutions...

Personal:
1. Financial- I need to start saving for my wedding! No I'm not engaged, but my boyfriend and I have discussed being married by the end of 2012 so that gives me less than a year to get it together!

2. Spiritual- Spend at least an hour a day with God-whether I'm praying or reading my bible or just listening for God to speak to me.

3. Physical- I have to eat healthier and in turn, that should cause some weight loss, I've always been happy at a size 16 but I've also suffered from Hypertention for the last 9 years and that's not a good look!

4. Mental- read more! I received a Nook for Christmas and I'm already knee deep in reading new books!

5. Social- introduce myself to more members of my church (we have over 1,000) and continue to fellowship with the friends I've made.

Professional:
1. Survive! I transferred to a new school and I'm teaching a new
grade level, I'm in survival mode!

2. Stay out of the teacher's lounge!

3. Not stress out about state testing... this is my first year in a testing grade!

4. Do the best I can do... I didn't birth these children and I can't take them home, but I can do the best that I know how!

5. Create more of my own materials for 3rd grade, just like I did in 2nd grade.

What are your resolutions?

11 comments:

  1. I'm with you on #s 2 and 3. The teacher's lounge will just bring you down. I have a hard time letting go of my students and realizing that I can only do so much. I can't fix their home lives. Good luck with your resolutions.

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are awesome resolutions!!! I love how specific they are.
    The one that resonated with me the most is "I didn't birth these children and I can't take them home, but I can do the best that I know how!"

    Thanks for linking up!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to improve me English and Italian knowledges.And do more dances and sport.
    Good luck with your resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on goal #1. As for Goal #3 I did well in 2011. Joined Nutrisystems and saw that Janet Jackson also joined this year (Woot!) Lost lbs down to a size 8 and Lovin' it. Goal #4 I have a new Kindle Fire and enjoying reading "Focus" by Mike Schmoker - a def read. RE: Professional - I am in a new grade too, 2nd up from first. Loving every minute of it, but also in survival mode as I am learning new Common Core standards in ELA (departmentalized).

    You are an inspiration.
    Happy New Year Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I always enjoy your posts. Wishing you the balance needed for a blessed life! Sounds like you are on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Stay out of the Teacher's Lounge. I go in as little as possible this year and it has really improved my state of mind at school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also would love to lose weight. I am really going to try and work at it. We do the biggest loser at my school and my goal is to win it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good Luck to everyone. May you achieve all you would like to do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great professional goals! I especially like # 2 and should follow this one myself!!! Love your blog! Keep up the great work and don't let the testing grade get you down! It's just another test and your kids are lucky to have such a creative, young, caring and energetic teacher (did I mention creative?? ) Awesome job! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your new year's resolution for your professional life. A thumbs up for that. I really wish that you can accomplish them. Another new year is around the corner so let me send you my warm new year wishes. May you and your family have a great and blessed New Year celebration.

    ReplyDelete