Saturday, February 25, 2012

Dr. Seuss Project

I bought this project from Unique Teaching Resources over a year ago and never used it. http://www.uniqueteachingresources.com/character-body-book-report.html When I found out I needed to do some sort of Dr. Seuss project to be displayed for Read Across America Week I knew this would be perfect.

First I read The Grinch, The Lorax, Yertle the Turtle and Cat in the Hat. Then we discuss the character traits of each character and then summarized the stories. I let them pick which character they wanted to do. Some examples are listed below.




4 comments:

  1. The character body book reports are fabulous. The kids looked like they had fun!

    If you are interested, I would love for you to post a link to this post on my blog to help us celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday. Here is a link to the linky:

    http://www.happybirthdayauthor.com/2012/02/happy-birthday-dr-seuss-march-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I bought the same book report templates last year. I may have to try to get this project done yet this year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete