Saturday, May 4, 2013

Currently...May

 
 

Wow... it's May! I currently have 29 days of school left. Where I live students start school after the Labor Day holiday, though I wish we started in mid-August and ended at Memorial Day. A girl can dream can't she...

I've been on Pinterest pinning ideas for a Teacher Organization Binder. There are some great templates out there. Unfortunately most of them are for sale on TpT. I've already started making some templates and will be more than willing to share them when they are finished. They may or may not be conducive to your school year though.

I turned 31 on April 26th and my wonderful husband purchased me a massage, manicure and pedicure. I was able to carve out some time for the massage... I just need to find some for time for the mani and pedi!

I ordered these precious School Themed Cookies from ACookieJar on Etsy. I've ordered Owl Cookies before and believe me they taste as good as they look! I also made some cute cards with my Cricut and I look forward to "appreciating" my colleagues next week. I also made Mother's Day cards and bought candles for my teammates who are mothers.

At this point in the year, my 3rd graders are gearing up for state testing. We start testing May 13. I'm already jotting things down... ideas and changes I want to make for next school year. It'll be my 3rd year in 3rd grade and my 3rd year at this school, so it'll be that much easier next year. However, a teammate and I use to switch classes for content areas... I taught social studies to both classes and she taught science. I'm embarking on teaching all the subject areas next year... so that may present a challenge:)

What changes are you considering making next year in your classroom?

3 comments:

  1. Those cookies are TOO cute! I'm so looking forward to the new school year now that I have one year of 3rd under my belt. I'll be working hard on beefing up my writing instruction!

    Hope your last few days fly by!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm with you on the teacher organization binder. If I'm not totally organized I can't function! I too need a serious mani and pedi but they just don't seem to last long enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have 35 days left... Wah it feels like forever. =(

    I'm your newest follower, drop by. =)

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete