Sunday, June 2, 2013

Currently...June

 
 
I can't believe it's June! The school year is almost over and we're almost halfway through 2013! I've been waking up at 6am all school year. So on the weekends, I can't sleep in... I'm up at 5:45am every weekend like I got somewhere to go! So it's currently 6:44am and I'm blogging.
 
I don't know about you, but this has been the worst year for my health! It all started a week before my wedding, the last week in November. On my wedding day I had a fever and had been coughing all night. 3 weeks later I would find out I had a severe case of bronchitis. March happens and my allergies go CRAZY! So for two months I think I'm suffering from allergy symptoms only I find out that it's developed into an Upper Respiratory Infection. They put me on Steroids and a Z-Pack and send me on my way. I started feeling a lot better but the cough lingered on... I went back to the doctor yesterday and they tell me that for every 10 Z-Packs they give out...3 people come back because they didn't get better. Guess I was part of the 30% that was resistant to the Z-Pack because I now have bronchitis again! So they put me on a much stronger antibiotics... one that give people after they've been exposed to Anthrax! So I hope to feel better before the last day of school so I can start my vacation a healthy woman!
 
At the end of every year I tweak the documents I keep in my Data Binder. So I'll start that process soon and then move all of my Data Binder documents over to The Teaching Oasis since mswinston.com will be retiring in August! I also have a couple of more documents to create for my teacher organization binder, then it'll be perfect and I can post pictures.
 
I haven't completely decided where I will vacation this summer. I do want to spend some time with my mom in NC and visit some family in OH and maybe a trip to PA to see my new nephew. The guess the sky is the limit... as long as I'm healthy!

4 comments:

  1. Ah the Cosby show. That brings back memories. I wonder where he got all those sweaters from? Sorry to hear about your health problems, they really do take a toll. A few years ago, I had problems with my breathing and it turned out to be all the mold in my classroom! Have you had the air quality checked? Just a thought! Summer is almost here, so hang in there. I hope you get better soon!
    Sidney
    Teachingisagift

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you about sleeping in. That is why I am awake at 7:30! Hope that your health gets better with the summer off!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen Cosby show in such a long time! I love that show! I hope you stay healthy for the summer and Congrats on the new nephew!
    Kate
    Fun in ECSE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh a pedicure! I am in need of one. I actually just discovered your blog last week. A bunch of the first grade teachers I work with were raving about your freebies.

    Caitlin
    Learningahoy.com

    ReplyDelete