Saturday, October 12, 2013

What a Difference!


What a difference a week makes! Thanks for all the prayers and positive messages I actually had a pretty good week for the most part. See that headlight on my head... we got these on Friday, in case of emergency... we put these on. We were psyched! I'm definitely wearing this during the next fire drill on the strobe setting!

Received my 27th student on Monday so that was stressful but the week did get better and unfortunately I've had to give up some control over some things. I can't be all things to all people and as much as I want to give and support everyone I just can't do it. I have to put myself and family first, then my students and anything left...I can give to others.

But my heart was truly touched by the end of the week. I work with some pretty amazing people... Thursday night some coworkers took me out to dinner to help relieve some of the stress I've been under, then Friday morning the car in front of me at Chick-fil-a paid for my breakfast...ended up being a resource teacher at my school, then Friday afternoon my husband sent me an Edible Arrangement! This morning my momma showed up from NC and took me grocery shopping so I can jump start this weight loss. The doctor is giving me 90 days to lose weight and get my A1C levels down or I'm going to have to go on medicine to control my blood sugar.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you are doing better. I typed a comment a week or so ago when you were mentioning all the stress that you had been under and for some reason my post didn't publish. I said a prayer for you and asked that God would give you peace and healing. I am so glad to hear that you are making more of an effort to put yourself first and realize that you can only do so much. Continue to do your best and let the Lord take care of the rest.

    ReplyDelete