Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Currently November

http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2013/11/november-currently.html
 
Well in less than a month I will celebrate 1 year of marriage! Where did the time go, seems like we just got married yesterday. We're 9 weeks into the school year and things seem to be headed in an upward spiral. I've discovered that I'm a stress eater and since I can't eat what I want I was starting to internalize stress. Two weeks ago I started having heart palpitations and that's when I knew I needed a change. Luckily my blood pressure has been normal and the palpitations are beginning to subside so I just need to remind myself daily to do the best I can and as long as I've done that, then I'm okay with myself.  
 
So this is my fourth week on the Atkins Diet and I've lost a total of 11 pounds. My goal is 37 pounds by the end of January. I think I can do it!
 
So here in Richmond we have Pearl's Cupcakes and these are the best cupcakes around, they're legendary! A couple of weeks ago I went and got a dozen for my teammates and oh my goodness... that was the best thing I ever ate. Vanilla cupcake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. Hmmmmm... yumm yumm! Can't wait for the new year so I can eat another one:)
 
Before my diet I always made recipes I found on pinterest... this was my first and a favorite of my husband.
 
Parmesan Crusted Shrimp Quesadillas
 
  • 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 Tbsp. cumin
  • sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
  • 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
  • 1 white or yellow onion, finely diced
  • 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and finely diced (I didn't use)
  • 6-8 medium tortillas
  • 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced (I didn't use)
  • 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes (I didn't use)
  • 3 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  •  
    I hope to get back to educational blogging soon. I haven't taken any photos of our activities but I do want to blog about the interactive note taking I'm doing this year, updated photos of my classroom and a design brief that I'm working on for the book Weslandia (topic: Ancient Civilizations)

    1 comment:

    1. I will have to try those quesadillas. I am drooling!
      Congrats on the weight loss...that is amazing.
      My Second Sense

      ReplyDelete