Thursday, December 12, 2013

Currently December

 

Usually I'm on my way to work by now... but I find myself lingering around in the mornings... not being able to face the stressors of the day.

We only have 7 more days of school and I'm excited! Tomorrow my students make glass ball ornaments and my team has their annual Secret Santa Exchange next week which we'll end with a before school breakfast at a local café. I can't wait to share all the gifts I got them. I had to order Christmas Cookies from my favorite Etsy Shop ACookieJar. I'll end the week with Pajama Party in my classroom and we'll have our annual Winter Luncheon. That's always a fun day.

Tonight I get to see my butterball JD... my six month old nephew from Pennsylvania. I'll have to post pics of him because he is the cutest, chubbiest baby and he loves his auntie! His parents are in town on business and my husband and I get to babysit.

Was up most of the night, I have the worst pelvic pain... who knew uterine fibroids could be so painful. Still holding out though... don't want another surgery. I've lost a total of 13 pounds but I'm putting the Atkins Diet back on hold until after school gets out next week. It's just too hard this time of year.

I've had more bad days than good lately, too much crying, not enough laughing, my poor husband doesn't know what to do with me... he's never seen me this emotional before. I'm just praying for better days. I refuse to believe that this is what teaching has transformed into... unrealistic demands, having to carry burden of those less competent, larger class sizes... because if it is... I won't teaching for much longer.

2 comments:

  1. Adore you! God has GREAT plans for you. I know your feelings, struggles, and stress. Too many plates spinning and it's all on you to keep them spinning. Then throw health/pain on top of it....too much! Pray, pray, pray and pray some more.i am also praying for you. God is caring God who will pull you out of this. Praise Him and give it all to Him to deal with. Easier said than done.... I know, but focus on that in your prayers. I need to take my own advice! Lol!! There is power in prayer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never posted on someone's blog before, but I just want to tell you that I have drawn lots of inspiration from your blog. You are an excellent teacher. You make others better teachers too by your insight. That in turn affects many lives. I can relate to the utter stress of teaching. My heart goes out to you. You are going through a real low in your life right now. I encourage you to hang in there. You will make it through. Sometimes the toughest times in our lives teach us the greatest things. Praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete