Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year: 2014

Me and Auntie's Baby ~ My Nephew JD
 Can you believe that the year is almost over? How will you be spending your New Year's Eve? I get to meet my student teacher tomorrow, I'm excited, I've never had one before and I hear she's awesome! Tomorrow night my husband and I will bring in the new year in church, thanking God for his grace and mercy.  
 
Personal:

1. Financial- My husband and I took a class called Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey and it was the best thing that's happened to me and my family! I look forward to incorporating what we've learned into our finances. I've even got my mother, sister and several other family members on board. If you're looking to be a good steward over what God has given you I suggest you check it out!
 
2. Spiritual- Spend at least an hour a day with God-whether I'm praying or reading my bible or just listening for God to speak to me. A friend gave me a couples devotional for Christmas and I've purchased a journal I intend to use as a prayer journal to keep track of everyone and everything I need to be praying for.
 
3. Physical- Last year this time I was 205lbs. and I vowed to lose weight. Well that didn't happen and in October I weighed 207lbs... I saw the doctor and he said I either diet and lose weight or go on diabetes meds. That's all  needed to hear! I've lost 13 pounds in 3 months... I would have lost more if it weren't for Thanksgiving and Christmas but I still have January to get back on track. I'm currently on the Atkins Diet and having success with it.
  
4. Mental- read more! I've read the Hunger Games Trilogy, twice and other books I'm interested in, I just love my Nook! 
 
5. Social- continue to maintain the relationships with friends and family and develop new friendships as well.

Professional:

1. Survive! (this was my resolution for the last two years, I think I'll keep it!)

2. Stop crying over work. I've cried more in the last four months than I have in my entire teaching career. I'm all cried out! I refuse to continue to let myself get that upset over things that ultimately I have no control over!

3. Do the best I can do... I didn't birth these children and I can't take them home, but I can do the best that I know how!

4. Continue to encourage my coworkers... whether it's a card, treat or small token of appreciation, I want to show them that they are appreciated. This was my resolution last year, I enjoyed "filling my coworkers buckets" so I think I'll continue.
 
5. Listen to my body! Many days I find myself at school when I'm sick and sometimes just plain worn out. I will take days off when I am not at my best and I will not feel guilty about it!

What are your resolutions?
 
My nephew JD...isn't he just the cutest! I can eat them cheeks all day!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! I believe in you! Glad you are taking your weight seriously and being proactive. Diabetes is a terrible thing to live with. Good luck in your endeavors. I, too, vow to spend more time with the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can lose the weight. Slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete