Thursday, January 9, 2014

Explorer's Lapbook

Explorer Lapbook Cover
As you can see I love teaching Social Studies... up until this year in 3rd grade I taught S.S. to two classes while my partner taught Science to my class. My next unit is Explorers and while I'm pretty sure my student teacher (yes I'm getting a student teacher from VCU and I'm beyond excited) will be teaching this unit, I couldn't help myself from creating a lapbook for it.

Explorer Lapbook Inside

Explorer Lapbook Inside

Explorer Lapbook Back

I created a document with everything you need to create this lapbook. I even included a vocabulary template in case you want to use it instead of the songs. Click here for a link to my Google Docs for the document.



17 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This lapbook is AMAZING! It really has everything the kiddos need to learn. I can't help but mention the pictures of the explorers in your photos are not in the correct places. Otherwise.....amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured it out later... I totally forgot I had posted pictures with this post, oooops!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing!!! I think I will try to add more explorers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work. Thanks so much for sharing. Perfect for my homeschooling 2nd grader.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My name is Kelly D.
    i can't open your google docs and all my students finished this project except for one student- and i dont have my oroginals.
    Please email me
    drkstar10@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3EdWT-xPuMISWlacW5uRmN2eGM/view?usp=sharing

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Sorry about that, here's the link
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3EdWT-xPuMISWlacW5uRmN2eGM/view?usp=sharing

      Delete
  8. This is an amazing resource!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi thanks for this amazing resource! Question though- the picture above that shows all the items is a little different than the google doc. For example, the google doc doesn't have the page with the squares that go under the flaps about each explorer. Am I making sense? Do you have that page by chance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check the Social Studies Folder at the Teaching Oasis.

      https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwCAbfHr949wWV9YNUU5bDFMNGM

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing, awesome material!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your work! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so great! Exactly what this homeschooling mama needed! You are a lifesaver!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so great! Thanks so much for sharing your resources and hard work! My kids are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete