Monday, June 23, 2014

Leadership Notebook

Covers for the students Leadership Notebooks
So I'm knee in this Whole Brain Teaching book which I'm lovin' so far! If you've been following me you know that I'll be incorporating Whole Brain Teaching practices as well as Leader in Me strategies in my classroom.

I want students to keep Leadership Notebooks this year as I implement these new strategies. I'm thinking a 1/2 inch binder with a clear sleeve will be just fine. I have a class set of binders left over but I'm thinking after three years I need to invest in some new ones. Sam's Club has them for a great price. $10 for 8 binders.

Below are some examples I'll have them keep in their binders.

I made these sheets for each month. Students will color in the square of the color they ended the day on.
Students will fill out the top section each Monday morning and fill out the bottom section every Friday afternoon. They will record their goals and action steps for each section. Then they're reflect on if their goals have been met, what leadership habit they practiced this week and any acts of kindness they performed or received.
I've been at my current school for 3 years now and never really implemented the AR Program. Mainly because my classroom computers didn't have the software. Our PTA has purchased the new online version so students will have access on all school computers and most of my classroom library books will not have assessments to go with them.
I figured students could track their weekly word study/spelling test scores fairly easy so I created this graph for them.
I also thought it would be fairly easy for students to track their reading level throughout the year.
I posted these just to give ideas of how I want students to set and reflect on goals in my classroom. Do your students track data in the classroom? What do you use?

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No I don't, but I do share freely, if you email me at shainquiet@msn.com and tell me what you're looking for I may can help.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jessica,

    Would you be willing to please send me your Leadership cover sheet? trjones24@gmail.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete