Monday, August 11, 2014

Free September Resources

September Task Cards from The Teaching Oasis
Hopefully you're family with my website The Teaching Oasis {link to the right}. It's full of free resources for {Virginia} teachers that are geared towards 2nd and 3rd grade.

I started the site back in 2010. Funny thing is, I use to share my resources freely on the Second Grade Teachers Club when a teacher took my resources and several others and started selling them on Teachers Pay Teachers. That's when I had a light bulb moment... if she could sell my resources, so could I. So for two years I successfully sold items. Then God laid it on my heart to offer up my materials once again for free and run the site off of donations. So as hard as it was, I was obedient and did just that. Donations have been able to keep the site live so all is well. Oh, and is it bad that I googled the teachers name {because I will never forget it} when I was in the hospital recovering and saw a mugshot of her... apparently she had been arrested for petty theft a couple of years ago. Can't say I'm surprised, as she has always had questionable character. It's unfortunate that we have people like that teaching our children.

http://www.teachingoasis.com/monthlyideas.htm#september
Anyway, I just uploaded updated September Task Cards. Same text, different design. I assume teachers print these and laminate them and place them in a writing center.

http://www.teachingoasis.com/monthlyideas.htm#september
 These word wall cards can be printed and laminated, then cut apart. You can keep them in a center or put them on a bulletin board.


http://www.teachingoasis.com/monthlyideas.htm#september
I also added monthly poems back to the website. Envision a composition notebook. Opened to a left and right page. On the left students can glue the poem. On the right they can glue the journal strip, respond and even draw and color a picture.

So if you want to stop by and download some free monthly resources, feel free. Click Here

6 comments:

  1. I love your monthly resources. I had no idea that someone stole your ideas and was selling them - that is horrible!! Thank you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you! Your resources have been wonderful for my 2nd grade students! Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything that you make. You are so talented. I am grateful for everything that you share! Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, the teacher taught at my school and her character was questioned from the beginning. It was a difficult year for us. I'm sorry you were a victim also. Your resources are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your obedience to God. Thank you so much for sharing your gifts and talents. I can't wait for my students to enjoy your resources.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Thanks so much - these are fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete