Monday, December 1, 2014

Currently December

 
It's December 1st, my two year anniversary!
 
My answers are pretty self explanatory but I would like to explain my "giving." After roaming around Pinterest I saw R.A.C.K. Random Acts of Christmas Kindness. I thought this would be a great idea for my students to complete while I'm doing reading groups. It's a welcome break from the regular "read, take AR test, do reading response." I decided to create a menu for them to choose from.
They're writing thank you notes to admin and office staff, they are making cards for classmates and teachers, giving compliments and coloring holiday pictures to give to others. I created correlating stationary and students were excited to get started. I've already seen them giving compliments and writing notes to their second grade teachers.
 
Now for my 25 Days of Christmas for my husband. His love language is "receiving gifts." So I thought I'd do something special for him this year.
I've purchased everything except the massage gift certificate. The pink indicates days I'll treat him to breakfast or dinner. I'm giving him a variety of items, from his favorite raspberry ginger ale to a Capt. American Build a Bear, to lotion from Bath and Body Works. Plus several gift cards and his favorite...cash.
 
I also can't forget my wonderful students. Can I just say that I am loving this group! 20 of the 23 made Honor Roll the 1st Quarter and their parents are very supportive and generous. Anytime I need anything for my class they are on it and send it in right away.

I got the Snoopy tote bags and pencils are from the Target $1 Spot, the books are from Scholastic, they were $1 each, they also threw in free reading posters for each child. I got the Scentos Bubbles from Michael's. They were $1 but they were a little bit cheaper because I had a coupon and my teacher ID for a discount.

What are you "giving" this holiday season?

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I love your 25 days of gifts idea and the Random Acts of Christmas Kindness. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your holiday ideas and RAKs! Those bags from Target are so cute! I need to see if my Target still has them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you are using RAKs in your classroom! Thank you for linking up. I appreciate it!! :-)

    Caitlin
    Learning Ahoy!

    ReplyDelete