Tuesday, July 19, 2016

7 Habits of Happy Kids Flyers

A couple of years ago I decided to implement the 7 Habits of Happy Kids in my classroom. I've blogged and shared a few ideas before. I also have a Pinterest board full of activities and book suggestions.
 
I wanted the parents to know more about the habits and I wanted them to be able to reinforce them at home. I created these weekly sheets to send home. I'll only send them home the first 7 weeks I'm teaching about the habit, one flyer for each habit.
In the beginning of the school year, starting around the 2nd or 3rd week of school, I start teaching about the habits during morning meeting. We read a chapter in the 7 Habits of Happy Kids book, make an anchor chart of characteristics and discuss how we can use them at home and school. This year I'll I award Brag Tags to students I catch using one of the habits.
 
Click Here if you'd like a copy to use in your very own classroom!  


4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great book! I read your post last week and finally decided to take the plunge in using brag tags for next year too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love a copy of the parent resource for 7 habits implementation
    how can i get that?
    kristie.bracy@onslow.k12.nc.us

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the weekly parent sheets! Great idea to use a post-it note check off! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete