Monday, July 18, 2016

Made It Monday 7*18*16


A couple of weeks ago I blogged about Brag Tags and how I wanted to implement them in my classroom this year. Well I've finally finished my friends brag tags and I've completed my own as well. Side note...after a year and a half of my color laser printer telling me that I needed to replace the toner and wouldn't print, I googled "toner override," reset each cartridge and was able to print 250+ sheets and the color is still coming out great! I didn't have to spend $175 on new toner cartridges and I didn't have to give Office Max $50 to print out all my brag tags. #lifehack #winning


After I did my research I sat down and thought of the categories from which my students would earn brag tags.
  • Accelerated Reader- this year my students will earn a brag time when they earn 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, and 200 AR points.
  • 7 Habits of Happy Kids- my students will earn brag tags when I catch them utilizing one of their 7 habits.
  • Life Skills- my students will earn brag tags when I see them practicing a life skill I've taught them.
  • Academic- my students will earn Multiplication Fact brag tags when they master a set of facts. I also created some general brag tags for the other subjects.
  • Homework- for each month that students turn in all their homework, they'll get a brag tag that says "September Homework Club" and so on.
  • Holidays- my students won't earn brag tags for every holiday but I spotlighted some such as Constitution Day, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day... we learn about these in Social Studies. I also decided not to purchase any tags from the SchoolLife.com website (trying to save money) and made some special ones such as 100th Day and Dr. Seuss Day.
  • Rules- students can earn brag tags when I catch them following classroom and school rules.
  • Super Improvers- every student will get their "beginner" tag on the first day of school. Once they get their 10 stickers on their card on the Super Improver Wall, I'll give them their Learner tag and so on.
  • Go Noodle- every time our Go Noodle Champ maxes out, I'll give them the champ brag tag.
  • Other- I created other brag tags such as Honor Roll, Role Model Behavior and other character related traits.
So far I've printed all my tags but only laminated and cut out about 16 sets... I have about 92 more sets to go before Labor Day! I'll store them in the containers I purchased from Michaels. I bought 7 but will only need 6. I also cut the top off of them because of course it wouldn't close with the tags sticking out. I'm debating if I will spray paint it or embellish it somehow.

They turned out super cute and can't wait to implement them in my classroom next year. And guess what... I'm sharing them! Click Here to take you to the google drive where I have them housed. Feel free to use them for your personal, classroom and school use only. If you need something that I don't have or need a particular theme, shoot me an email or leave a comment and I may be able to make it for you.

Now I need to punch holes in all these brag tags I've already completed. I purchased an 1/8 hole punch from Michael's with a 50% off coupon. I also ordered my necklaces from Amazon. Since I had two Essential Oil Diffusers I wanted to buy I bundled everything for free shipping, without that I think shipping was about $6-$7 in addition to the $16.99 cost.

Hop on over to 4th Grade Frolics for more Made It Monday ideas!

30 comments:

  1. Wow! That's A LOT of cutting... Your kids are going to love these.
    Shannon
    SweetestSecondsinaDay

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and oh the organization!! Thank you for linking up;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It is so generous of you to share your brag tags with everyone....and they are super adorable!! If I were still in a classroom, I'd be all over these. I may be able to use the Dr. Seuss ones in March in the library! :)
    Tonya
    Storybook Endings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing your brag tags! They are awesome. I am starting them this year also, and I'm excited to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for wonderful assortment of tags. I'm so excited to start with them this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing all of these super cute brag tags! I can't wait to use them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so kind of you to share those! They are wonderful! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, I need to google that printing thing! I always feel like I could squeeze more out of those toner cartridges...
    Daisy Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. So much work but you will love it when they are all done! Have a great week! Pam from PJ Jots

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! I need to look into these brag tags I keep hearing about.

    https://ladyliteracy-sixthgrade.blogspot.com/2016/07/classroom-rocking-chair-monday-made-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your brag tags are so cute! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the brag tags! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing! YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So thoughtful for you to share! Love how they are organized!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your tags...so super cute! We use the PBIS program and give out stickers which they save up for rewards. Trying to decide if I want to do brag tags alongside. Thanks for sharing! Always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful resource! These will be great to get me started with brag tags! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are AMAZING! Thank you for sharing all of your hard work! Can't wait to start printing:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these Brag Tags and so will my students! I can't believe we (staff) starts back on Monday! (One week of PD/meetings/etc.) You are very generous and talented. I also love your blog! Thanks again for sharing your wonderful product!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are amazing!!!! Thank you so much for offering these to us for free!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for sharing! Very generous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for sharing. O appreciate all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!! Thanks you so much for sharing these! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing. I love your tags. I just started using tags this year. My 2nd graders LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These sound great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am new to Brag Tags and can't wait to use these this upcoming year! Thanks for sharing all of your hard work! My students are going to LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow!!! What a great resource! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for sharing! It really nice to get such a great resource for free!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for generously sharing these valuable resources!

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW! Thank you for sharing so generously!!!! I'm trying Brag Tags with my middle schoolers this year--modified a bit from the elementary ones I'm finding, but this is a huge help in starting me off! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete