A couple of weeks ago I blogged about Brag Tags and how I wanted to implement them in my classroom this year. Well I've finally finished my friends brag tags and I've completed my own as well. Side note...after a year and a half of my color laser printer telling me that I needed to replace the toner and wouldn't print, I googled "toner override," reset each cartridge and was able to print 250+ sheets and the color is still coming out great! I didn't have to spend $175 on new toner cartridges and I didn't have to give Office Max $50 to print out all my brag tags. #lifehack #winning
After I did my research I sat down and thought of the categories from which my students would earn brag tags.
- Accelerated Reader- this year my students will earn a brag time when they earn 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, and 200 AR points.
- 7 Habits of Happy Kids- my students will earn brag tags when I catch them utilizing one of their 7 habits.
- Life Skills- my students will earn brag tags when I see them practicing a life skill I've taught them.
- Academic- my students will earn Multiplication Fact brag tags when they master a set of facts. I also created some general brag tags for the other subjects.
- Homework- for each month that students turn in all their homework, they'll get a brag tag that says "September Homework Club" and so on.
- Holidays- my students won't earn brag tags for every holiday but I spotlighted some such as Constitution Day, Veteran's Day, Memorial Day... we learn about these in Social Studies. I also decided not to purchase any tags from the SchoolLife.com website (trying to save money) and made some special ones such as 100th Day and Dr. Seuss Day.
- Rules- students can earn brag tags when I catch them following classroom and school rules.
- Super Improvers- every student will get their "beginner" tag on the first day of school. Once they get their 10 stickers on their card on the Super Improver Wall, I'll give them their Learner tag and so on.
- Go Noodle- every time our Go Noodle Champ maxes out, I'll give them the champ brag tag.
- Other- I created other brag tags such as Honor Roll, Role Model Behavior and other character related traits.
They turned out super cute and can't wait to implement them in my classroom next year. And guess what... I'm sharing them! Click Here to take you to the google drive where I have them housed. Feel free to use them for your personal, classroom and school use only. If you need something that I don't have or need a particular theme, shoot me an email or leave a comment and I may be able to make it for you.
Now I need to punch holes in all these brag tags I've already completed. I purchased an 1/8 hole punch from Michael's with a 50% off coupon. I also ordered my necklaces from Amazon. Since I had two Essential Oil Diffusers I wanted to buy I bundled everything for free shipping, without that I think shipping was about $6-$7 in addition to the $16.99 cost.
Hop on over to 4th Grade Frolics for more Made It Monday ideas!