Monday, July 25, 2016

Made It Monday 7*25*16

I've enjoyed linking up on #mondaymadeit every Monday. It's actually motivated me to keep creating this summer. Sure I've been relaxing and spending time with family and friends but I've also made "my down time my prep time." 

Last week I blogged and shared about my completed Brag Tags, this week I'm focusing on the welcome gifts for my students. I always have a gift waiting for them at open house, it makes me happy to see their little faces light up when they see their treats. This year I'm giving them water bottles. Now I could have driven around to every Dollar Tree within a 20 mile radius but who has time for that! So I ordered them from the Dollar Tree website. You can purchase in bulk on their site, so I purchased a case of 24 water bottles and then went to one Dollar Tree and purchased two additional ones just in case I end up with more than 24 students. With 8 sections of 3rd grade this year, I'm praying for smaller class sizes! 
Now I did have to drive around to 5 different Wal-Marts to get the Scentos party favors, it literally took me weeks to find pencils, stickers, mini pens and bracelets.
I stuffed the bottles with white shredded paper from the craft store and then put a sheet of stickers, a mini pen, a pencil and bracelet in the bottle, then I tied a gift tag to them. Viola... student welcome gifts complete. These will be waiting on the students desk when they meet me at Open House, the Friday before school begins.

I also blogged about the 7 Habits of Happy Kids Parent Flyers I made last week, if you do this program in you classroom you should check them out.

Looking for more Monday Made It Ideas? Hop on over to 4th Grade Frolics!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my word!! I can see your kiddos face when they walk in and greeted with such a fun gift! I do water bottles too (useful in the classroom) but you go above and beyond with all the scentos gear! My school does not do the 7 Habits, but I've tried to research it and implement some of the ideas and I saw great improvement last year! Thanks for sharing all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing gift, your new students are going to be so happy to be in your class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun gift! Your love language must be gift giving ;) That's so wonderful. Your students will think you're the coolest!

    https://ladyliteracy-sixthgrade.blogspot.com/2016/07/more-books-please-mosaic-monday-made-it_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! I don't know why I never thought to check out Dollar Tree online. Must also hit up Walmart. Love how stinking adorable it all turned out..Lucky kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your student gifts are incredible! They're going to love them 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those chevron water bottles! To Dollar Tree I go! Love the 7 habits flyers too! I worked at a Lighthouse school or a while last year and I am hoping to return there in a few years meanwhile I am incorporating the 7 habits in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super Cute!!! Also very inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those water bottles are adorable and such a cute welcome gift! I may do the same thing myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet gift! Your students will be so excited. I hope you have a small class size as well. My principal told me that I'm up to 33 students right now. (I'm in 4th!) Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The water bottles for the student's gift is so fabulous! Love the 7 Habits flyers, too. I just purchased the book this week.

    Dee
    Teaching at the Beach

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Do you have those tags available for download!? They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I don't, it was just something I whipped up real quick.

      Delete