Image Map

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Recovery

I am now fibroid free! I had my surgery on Monday and came home on Tuesday. I was only suppose to have a 3 inch incision and they were only to remove a fibroid that was the size of a small apple. Well after doctor removed what was the size of a peach, she felt around and found 3 more fibroids the size of golf balls that never showed up on any ultrasounds because they were embedded in the uterine muscle. So they had to cut much deeper and I ended up with an incision the about 6-7 inches wide. It's very similar to a C-section cut. I've had a steady stream of visitors plus my mom came to stay with me so I've had plenty of people taking care of me. But I showered and dressed myself this morning! So I'm doing pretty well considering. It still hurts to get up and sit down but once I'm into position I'm fine. Looking forward to a pain free lifestyle. After speaking with my doctor, it's no wonder I've been in so much pain and had so much bleeding, she said she had never seen anything like it before. She said they must have been there for years to be the sizes they were.

5 comments:

  1. You poor thing! I hope you are taking it easy and relaxing. Thinking of you...
    Julie
    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you'll be feeling lots better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I'm glad you're recovering well. I've had multiple surgeries on my feet and I totally understand how good it feels when you're able to do those little things for yourself again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your surgery went well and you are on your way to a full recovery!
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got it taken care of! May you have a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete