Image Map

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pumpkin Text Features Booklet

I am suppose to be grading writing prompts and writing up my parent conference forms for the week... but my creative juices are flowing. I created this booklet to review nonfiction text features.

Directions are included on how this booklet should be copied and stapled.



Table of Contents- Students need to number each page and write the headings of each chapter in the table of contents along with the page number.

Caption- Students needs to color the picture and write a caption to match it.


Diagram- Students need to color the diagram and label the parts of the life cycle.

Heading- Students can use the diagram and word bank to write a paragraph about the Pumpkin Life Cycle.


Line Plot- Students need to create a Line Plot with the data given.

Glossary- Students needs to write a sentence about each word in the glossary.


Index- Students need to write important words in the index along with their page numbers.

Click Here for a link to the booklet.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you! I can't wait to use this in my classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is great. New follower by email--sent by Mandy's Tips for Teachers on FaceBook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your procrastination certainly paid off for me...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! I'm doing pumpkins over the next week and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a worthwhile resource for teaching text features.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would you be willing to email your template with me? I'd love to edit it to use for another topic, but still use the text features. This resource is great! Thank you!

    trjones24@gmail.com

    http://heyheythirdgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete