Image Map

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Summer Projects Part 2

It's August and I report back to school in 22 days. Summer school is over and I've had my family vacation at Massanutten Resort. I'll spend the remainder of the month at home creating resources as I promised myself I wouldn't work in my classroom this summer.
 
For the last couple of years I've spent part of my summer working tirelessly in my classroom but not this summer. I intend to do it all during teacher work week, so between the meetings and professional development this teacher will find out if it really is possible to put an entire classroom together during work week, before Open House. Good news is I've done my first week planning and already made my copies, so the clerical work is done.
 
Here's what I'm currently working on.
I'm making headings for my focus bulletin board, it has purple fabric with green chevron border so I think these will coordinate with it.
Remade my Whole Brain Teaching Rules, wanted something more simple and chic.
Remade the WBT Call Back Reponses as well.
Made these color posters for a K-Teacher friend of mine, she wanted to update the posters in her classroom. I used the Color Kids from Krista Wallden. You can download these at the Teaching Oasis.
I made a Welcome Bunting Banner for the hallway, I'm going to run them on brightly colored paper and tie them together with ribbon.
I also gave my library labels a makeover. Frames courtesy of Krista Wallden.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say how much I appreciate hearing that you set time aside for yourself and family. This is the first summer (in 25) that I haven't really done much towards my room, planning, or creating. It wasn't because I made a promise to myself either, just unforeseen circumstances. I've felt guilty but it is what it is. Reading your post made me feel better about it! Hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that bunting you're hanging in the hallway! I may have to do that too!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete