Image Map

Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Sunday Scoop

 
 
This may prove to be a very lazy Sunday for me. My must do list isn't complicated and only one of those things actually requires me to do school work. I got home late last night and woke up early so I may be taking a nap later.  Teacher Appreciation week is in two weeks and I have everything planned out for my bestest teacher homies. I work with some amazing women and I love celebrating them each chance I get. I can't tell you all that I have planned because there's always the slight possibility they may read my blog so I'll be posting more during the actual week. I will tell you that I've ordered the all famous ACOOKIEJAR cookies. My friends love them, well my friends who are not gluten free and vegan love them!
Crayon Cookies from ACOOKIEJAR
Speaking of Sunday... in exactly one week I'll be 33 years old! I've been doing some birthday shopping for myself. I was able to get a pedicure last week and buy a new maxi skirt from Target but I got some other cool things as well...
Flair Pens
Got these babies from Sam's Club. I think I spent about $14 for them. It was love at first sight!
 
Erin Condren Deluxe Notebook
I used the Erin Condren Teacher Planner this year (by the way, they are 25% off right now if you want one, code TEACHER25) but going forward I intend to do my lesson plans on the computer. That's where the Deluxe Notebook comes in. I bought the 8 1/2 by 11in notebook and added a yearly calendar. I'm going to use it to store dates for the school year and keep notes throughout the year. I also cut out the two sheet protectors from my teacher planner and popped them in my calendar and I'll use that to keep my long range plans and school calendar.
Creative Paper Box
I love Krista Wallden's clip art and use it almost exclusively on my documents. Once she launched her paper collection I knew I had to have taste! I got it in the mail yesterday and I am in love. 2 large notepads, 3 small notepads, 30 postcards... well really you could use them as notecards too, 20 notecards with envelopes.
 
So as you can see... if I don't receive another birthday gift, all is well. I've pretty much purchased everything I wanted... all except the Honey Baked Ham. I told all my friends and family I wanted a Honey Baked Ham for my birthday and they thought I was joking... I was so serious!

3 comments:

  1. I think we're sisters. I am IN LOVE with Papermate Flairs, Erin Condren, Krista Wallden, and Honey Baked Ham. :) I actually just purchased my next year's teacher planner from Erin Condren - I've got the life planner, but this is my first teacher planner - and I'm going from computer-based to planner-based plans. Just curious about why you're changing this year? Was there something about the EC planner you didn't like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use all the parts... the checklists, graph paper, I loved the calendar part though. Because the boxes were small I noticed I got real skimpy with what I would write down. I loved it though. Hoping to try planbook.com since it has the standards and all you do is click a drop down box. All of that would never fit in my plan book.

      Delete
  2. My birthday is next week, too, and I like how you celebrate ;-) All of my favorite colors and some great, fun things going on in this post--I love it. I think I might have to celebrate a little more like you (minus the ham...I'm more of an ice cream cake kinda girl). Enjoy and have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete