Image Map

Monday, September 12, 2016

Presidential Cookie Contest

During the 2008 Election my teammates and I decided to hold an election using the Presidential Cookie Recipes from Family Circle.
Here's a picture of the team election bulletin board.
2nd Grade Election Results

Cookie A Recipe- Michelle Obama

Cookie B Recipe- Cindy McCain
I had such a blast doing this that I had to do it with my 3rd graders in my new school back in 2012. I've created a document with the recipes and ballots. Last time I had 4 parent volunteers make the cookies and send them in. Each student got one of each cookie and marked their choice on the ballot. They placed the ballots in a ballot box and the teachers tallied them over night. The teachers annouced the winners the next day. *Beware of food allergies!*
 
The recipes for this year have been posted on the Family Circle website, click here for your very own copy.
Do you think you'll use this idea in your classroom? What other election activities are you doing?

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I wish we could do it, but there are too many food related issues in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to do this! I followed you in 2012 and did it then! The kids LOVE this. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete