Image Map

Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Calming Construction Boxes

Well in just 11 short days teachers in my district report back to school. This is our first year starting school before Labor Day so we lost 2 weeks of our traditional summer vacation. I'm frantically trying to finish up all the things on my to do list and finally completed this project. 

Last year, our school counselor introduced "Zones of Regulation" to my 2nd graders and I knew I wanted to do more to support this initiative. We also are a "Caring School Communities" school and integrate social and emotional learning into each day. 

At the beginning of the year we'll talk about these boxes and complete our booklets to use as a resource when students need to "take a break."


Here's a list of the materials I used, I made 3 boxes for my class:
If you'd like to implement this in your own classroom, the materials are located here: Calming Construction Boxes. I included 6 task cards in each box.

I do not charge for the materials I create, however I do accept donations via Paypal, CashApp and TpT Class Fund. 


Cash App: $teachingoasis


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are benefitting from emotional learning.

    ReplyDelete