Image Map

Monday, July 10, 2017

Made It Monday 7*10*17

Now that I've finished my Google Certification I can go back to creating things for my classroom. This week I'm focusing on Open House. After seeing various Open House Stations on Pinterest I decided to do them next school year as well. But then I decided that I needed a theme. Krista Wallden of Creative Clips came out with Smart Cookie Graphics and they were too cute not to use! So my Open House/Meet the Teacher will have a Smart Cookie theme. In my school SMART is a school wide acronym and Coal Miners are SMART is our motto. I also call my Brag Tags SMART Tags instead.
In my  last blog post I talked about using Google Forms to have parents sign in at Open House. This is my welcome sign. 
The 1st day of school can be very hectic, knowing how each child will go home can save time and energy on an already busy and exciting day. 
Our school requires that parents fill out their child's student information card at Open House so we can have parent contact information on the 1st day of school. 
On each student's desk will be a packet of forms parents will take home and fill out. I also place a Parent Flipbook with information about our classroom that they can take home as well. 
I collect items like glue sticks, pencils and paper. Students keep their scissors, coloring instruments and notebooks in their desk. 
I'm ditching my weekly newsletters and switching to monthly newsletters. I've decided to use a text notification app to fill in the gaps when I need to alert parents to classroom happenings. 
Pictures of items I'm putting in student treat bags are shown below. I also intend to have a variety a cookies for families to snack on. I even saw some Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free cookies at Food Lion. 

I added my wish list items to cookie graphics.

Treat Bag: Smart Cookie Stickers from Oriental Trading.
Treat Bag: Smart Cookie Pencils from Oriental Trading.
Treat Bag: Smart Cookie Notepads from Oriental Trading.
That pretty much sums up my Open House Stations, feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Hop on over to 4th Grade Frolics for more Monday Made It ideas!

7 comments:

  1. SO cute Jessica! I'm definitely using this too. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, open house parent stations are a good idea that's new to me. I'll have to think about that. Thanks for sharing! Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these ideas! Thank you for sharing them and the references.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great ideas! Love the smart cookie open house stations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah! I love the smart cookie graphics and how you used them for Meet the Teacher!

    Susie
    Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your Smart Cookie theme!!! Your stations are such a great idea!

    Lori
    Live, Laugh, Love Second

    ReplyDelete